Newborn Photography Tips For Beginners: it’s such an exciting moment for the newborn family to click on newborn photos. Before taking Picture you should know about “Newborn Photography”.
Newborn Photography Tips For Beginners:
It is a very exciting moment when a newborn comes out on the family. with some Newborn photography tips, you can get some stunning picture. Doing photography with a baby its feel something different from other photographs. As you want to photograph a newborn, so make a list of shots, before picking up the camera. If you want to become a baby photographer, so must follow the tips.
how I do newborn photography
- Make a Shot list: Before Reaching the place, you make a list so that you can take shot easily. when you take your newborn, your time is limited. make sure click the right moment. Don’t be hesitant to take the picture. The shot list helps you to take the right shot. If you’re uncomfortable with a newborn then you can try to shot different angle. Be sure to get your safe shot first.
- Choosing a lens: The best lens to use for photographing of the newborn. My point of view is that for a newborn prime lens 50/85mm is very good. It operating with wide apertures will allow you to work in darker environments and capture stills with the focus on your subject and a blurred backdrop to remove distraction.
- Use a zoom lens: A zoom lens is a vital thing of newborn photography. You can use a zoom lens for your camera. As a result of the zoom lens, you can get really cute pictures of their feet, hands, ears, and nose. Try to capture the image out wide to reveal the entire length of your child’s body.
- Lighting: When you taking the photo you need to consider the light distribution. Never use the flash, it really disrupts the calm atmosphere and will rob your image of tone and texture. Take the baby in a room with a big window. If the room wall is white it’s fantastic for newborn photography. Positions the child near a window so that the natural light impact on his/her face.
- Distracting items: Beforing taking photo make sure that there aren’t distracting things. if any distracting things exist in the room it’s a big handicap. some distracting thing such as nappies, toys, etc. But you can use it for the background of the theme. Make sure don’t make any sound, otherwise baby gonna distract. keeping it the simple key of newborn photography.
- Black& White: Consider shooting in black and white or edited to black and white for some of your shots. Black and white imagery always carry our more emotion than colorful shots. When editing your shots play around with the curves, or presets in the software you’re using to control the contrast and brightness of your shadows, mid-tones, and highlights.
As your newborn grows up at such a dramatic speed, it’s a decent plan to shoot at a well thought out periodical interval to chart the amendment and growth of your child. A collection of these images can be printed in a photo book and make for a great gift or a great visual memory of your child.
- Choose the Proper Time of the Day: Babies are very unpredictable, so I prefer to organize shooting in the morning. At this time, babies sleep more deeply and do not respond to sounds. Probably, each parent will agree that their babies are very capricious in the evening. Schedule your newborn photography, if it is possible. This is one of the main tips for a newborn photography session.
- Keep the Baby Warm: Newborn shooting is difficult because it has many nuances. For example, babies cannot control body temperature, so some difficulties may arise during shooting. I always try to maintain the optimum temperature (about 80-85 degrees F (26-29c)) for myself and the baby in the studio. Why? Imagine that you spent several months in a house where the temperature is 86 degrees. Then you need to go outside where the temperature is only 70 degrees. Of course, it will be stressful for your body. Therefore, the baby will have the same sensation. I also recommend having a portable heater for such shootings.
Remember that parents trust you the most important photographs in their lives. Therefore, communication is your most important tool. You can visit clients before the photo session to see how they communicate with the child, discuss the photography props you’ll use, show them to make them sure in its safety. Offer parents to design funny and creative invitations to their baby’s birthday party free to persuade them ordering your newborn photography services without doubts.
Feel free to share your idea in the comment or if you have newborn you can share the picture. i’d love to see them